|Born||14 August 1967
Sochi, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
(now Sochi, Russia)
|Occupation||Co-Owner of Magnit
Owner of FC Krasnodar
|Net worth||US$3.4 billion (September 2018)|
Sergey Nikolayevich Galitsky (Russian: Серге́й Николаевич Галицкий; born Sergey Nikolayevich Arutyunyan) is a Russian billionairebusinessman, the founder and co-owner of Magnit, Russia’s largest retailer, and president of FC Krasnodar.
Sergey Arutyunyan was born on 14 August 1967, in Lazarevskoye, a suburb of Sochi, southern Russia, his mother is Russian and his father is Armenian. He later adopted his wife’s surname.
In 1993, he graduated from the Economics faculty of Kuban State University. A year later, he founded the company, “Tander”, which traded wholesale cosmetics and perfumery. In 1998, he built the first distribution center, and immediately after the 1998 Russian financial crisis, opened the first grocery store “Magnit” in Krasnodar. In 2000, he switched to retail, and created the largest network by number of stores in Russia. In 2006, the company conducted its IPO and was valued at $1.9 billion.
He is married to Viktoria Galitskaya, and they have one daughter, Polina Galitskaya.
- Jump up^ “Forbes profile: Sergei Galitsky”. Forbes. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- Jump up^ “К нам едет ФК «Краснодар»”. Yarsport.ru. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Jump up^ “Я горжусь своими армянскими корнями – Сергей Галицкий – Новости Армении – Терт.am”. Tert.am. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Jump up^ “Галицкий в элите”. Vedomosti.ru. 2011-01-26. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ilya Khrennikov (2014-11-20). “No Ally of Putin, Retail Billionaire Pinched by Sanctions – Bloomberg Business”. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Jump up^ Maria Karnaukh (2013-06-20). “СЕО magazine names Russia’s 88 richest heirs | Russia Beyond The Headlines”. Rbth.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Jump up^ “Mikhelson’s Daughter Russia’s Richest Heiress – CEO Magazine”. Sputniknews.com. 2013-05-30. Retrieved 2016-03-09.