|Born||7 March 1929
Shunde, Foshan, Guangdong, China
|Occupation||Founder, Chairman, managing director of Henderson Land Development Company Limited
Chairman of Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited
Chairman of Miramar Hotel
Vice-Chairman Independent non-executive director of Sun Hung Kai Properties
Member of board of directors of Hong Kong Ferry (Holdings)Limited
|Net worth||US$31.5 billion (April 2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Lau Wai-kuen (divorced)|
Lee Shau-kee GBM (Chinese: 李兆基; born 7 March 1929 in Shunde 順德, Foshan 佛山, Guangdong 廣東, China) is a Hong Kong-based real estate tycoon and majority owner of Henderson Land Development, a property conglomerate with interests in properties, hotels, restaurants and internet services. As of October 2012 according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index Lee is listed as the 19th richest person in the world. As of January 2018, Lee’s personal wealth was estimated to be $31.5 billion, making him the second wealthiest man in Hong Kong, and the 27th richest in the world
He was the 4th world richest person in world before the handover of HK in 1997. Since 2006, Lee has accrued substantial profits from his holdings of Mainland-controlled stocks. This return on investment has earned him nicknames including “Hong Kong’s Buffett” (香港巴菲特) and “Asia’s Master of Stock” (亞洲股神). He is also affectionately known as “Uncle Four”, one of the very few fourth-born children in the world to have become a multi-billionaire.
Lee is one of the main sponsors of the HKICC Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity, having donated more than HK$20 million through the Lee Shau Kee Foundation.
In 2007, he donated HK$500 million to the University of Hong Kong and HK$400 million to the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
In 2015, Lee donated a site in Yuen Long to charity organisation Po Leung Kuk for developing Hong Kong’s biggest youth hostel. Lee announced that the units would be leased to young people between the ages of 18 and 30 at half the market rate.
Other than public philanthropy, Lee has given his Henderson Land staff cash gifts to celebrate the birth of four of his grandchildren, in amounts totalling HK$60 million over a nine-year period.
In May 2018, Lee donated HKD 100 million to Hang Seng Management College supporting its strategic development. 
- Founder, Chairman, managing director of Henderson Land Development Company Limited
- Chairman of Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited
- Chairman of Miramar Hotel and Investment
- Vice-Chairman Independent non-executive director of Sun Hung Kai Properties
- Member of board of directors of Hong Kong Ferry (Holdings) Limited and The Bank of East Asia Limited
- Link to be a part of Peter Storrie’s consortium to buy the Portsmouth Football Club
He has five children, amongst which are elder son Peter Lee Ka-kit and younger son Martin Lee Ka-shing, and eight grandchildren.
- Jump up^ The World’s Billionaires
- Jump up^ “Bloomberg Billionares Index”. Bloomberg LP. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Jump up^ Lee Shau Kee – Forbes, Forbes.com. Retrieved May 2012.
- Jump up^http://english.cntv.cn/program/newshour/20120626/113531.shtml
- ^ Jump up to:a b , South China Morning Post. Retrieved December 2015.
- Jump up^ HKICC Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity “Main sponsor / personMain sponsor / person” Archived 4 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine., HKICC Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity, 26 October 2010
- Jump up^ Dr Lee Shau Kee Donated HK$500M to HKU
- Jump up^ $400M Donation to Support HKUST’s Drive Towards World Class Excellence
- Jump up^  Lee Shau Kee donates site to youth hostel
- Jump up^ http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/economy/article/1864594/hong-kong-tycoon-lee-shau-kee-hands-out-hk15-million-birth
- Jump up^ Dr Lee Shau Kee Donated HK$100 Million to Support HSMC’s Strategic Development, 2018-05-07 Retrieved 2018-05-26
- Jump up^ Top 10 richest Chinese in the world